Before you go to Canada to study abroad, you must handle your passport well. The passport is your temporary ID card, which is the legal proof of staying in Canada.
drink the website of studying abroad together and look at the guide to handle the 2019 Canadian study abroad passport, welcome to read it.
Let’s see what materials to prepare first?
1. Submit the Chinese passport held by me and provide the copy;
2. Fill in one application form of “Chinese passport, tourist card, passport extension, annotation and page addition”;
3. Hand in a recent two inch photo of the front face without crown (pasted on the application form);
4. Provide certificates and copies of work, study or residence permits in Canada;
5. If the permanent resident status in Canada is more than 5 years, proof of citizenship is required
6. Service charge of $20.
Next, let’s see what conditions should be met for passport application?
1. Complete the application form for Chinese citizens to go abroad for private purposes;
2. If the guardian is under the age of 16, he / she shall be accompanied by his / her guardian, submit his / her opinion on permission to leave the country issued by his / her guardian, his / her resident ID card or household registration book or passport and copies, and submit the supporting materials that can prove his / her guardian’s identity;
3. A state functionary who is registered and put on record shall submit the certificate of approval for leaving the country issued by his / her subordinate work unit or superior competent unit after examination and approval in accordance with the authority of personnel management;
4. The original and copy (A4 paper) of Beijing household register and resident identity card (temporary resident identity card shall be submitted during the period of collection, renewal and replacement);
5. One recent color photo (2-inch glossy photo paper, white or light blue background) of the applicant’s bareheaded front;
6. The active servicemen, armed police and retired military personnel stationed in Beijing shall present the officer’s certificate and the examination approval and copies of overseas (Overseas) tasks issued by the political departments above the army level
7. The following materials shall be submitted for passport application of the adopted children:
(1) the adoption registration form issued by the Civil Affairs Department of the people’s government at or above the provincial level, with the original copy verified and the photocopies collected;
(2) the original and copy of the household register of the adopted child;
(3) the adopter’s passport or other identity documents with the same effect and copies thereof;
(4) notarial certificate of abandoned baby, notarial certificate of adoption and notarial certificate of kinship
According to the evidence collection date on the certificate application receipt, take my household register or resident ID card and evidence collection receipt, and pay 200 yuan for the certificate fee to get the passport.
Finally, how to apply for a new passport?
1. Find a way to find the copies of lost passports and visas
Passport, visa and other copies can reduce a lot of unnecessary troubles in the later self-help process, and better cooperate with the staff to improve the efficiency of work.
if the copy cannot be found, it is better to find the visa number / client ID.
2. Report to the nearest police station (RCMP)
Use Google and other mapping software to search the nearest office of RCMP, and provide the staff with their own certificates, such as driver’s license and student’s card.
truthfully describes the lost process of passport.
then the staff will give you a case number, which must be kept well, and will be used when reissuing the certificate.
On the one hand, the purpose of reporting a case is to let the police help to see if someone has picked up a passport and handed it over to the police station. On the other hand, it is to prevent illegal acts of misappropriation of passports by bad people. If there is a lost Certificate in the police station, there is no need to worry about it
3. Reissue visa
Most people’s visas are in their passports, so passports and visas are often lost at the same time.
go to the website of Immigration Canada to download the forms required for supplementary application. After completing the forms as required, attach the case number, original care photo and the copy of the original visa when reporting the case.
Send the above information in person or by mail to the immigration processing center of Canada.
it is recommended to send it in person, so as to reduce the time for replacement and prevent unnecessary trouble caused by the loss of letters during mailing
4. Prepare the information needed for passport replacement while waiting for visa replacement
The required materials include the following:
Application form: fill in 1 application form of passport / Travel Permit / certificate of return of the people’s Republic of China truthfully and completely;
Photo: Recently, there are 2 color photos with no crown on the front (the photo size is 48 × 33mm, the head width is 21-24mm, the head length is 28-33mm, and the background of the photo is white);
Copies of lost passports, legal exit and entry certificates, such as exit and entry stamps, and copies of Canadian visas.
if there is no copy of passports, the number, date of issue, issuing authority and validity of the lost passports shall be provided;
One of the following documents or copies: domestic ID card, domestic household register, or birth certificate;
The original and copy of residence permit (such as maple leaf card, work or study permit, visa, etc.) in Canada.
if the original is lost together, it shall apply to the relevant department of the Canadian government for reissue; the front and back sides of maple leaf card shall be copied;
Copy of visa (study, work, tourist visa or maple leaf card);
If the passport has expired, it is necessary to submit a description of the expired passport;
If you apply for a new passport due to the change of name, you need to submit the relevant supporting documents of using the new name in Canada, a copy of the domestic household register (born in China) and the written statement of the applicant’s application for change of name
5. Required time and pick-up method
It will take about two weeks for the passport to be processed. After the applicant signs the date on the certificate, or receives a phone call, or self checks the passport on the Internet, he or she will present the original certificate to others to pay the relevant fees (according to the 2015 display of the Embassy of Canada, supplementary care fee: 140 Canadian dollars per copy.
) and get the certificate.
If the passport is not obtained one year after completion, the certificate will be cancelled and destroyed, which may affect the applicant’s next certificate application
Recommended majors for studying in Canada
Analysis of double admission in Canada
Guide for studying abroad in Canada in 2019