In Canada, what should I do if I lose my passport accidentally? At this time, we need to do these things quickly to save ourselves. Now the editor of the website of studying abroad explains them in detail. You must take good care of them
Before the self-help mode is turned on, we need to know when the passport needs to be reissued
1. The passport is valid for less than one year;
2. The passport and visa pages are about to be used up;
3. There are children on the passport and they need to hold their own passport;
4. The appearance changes greatly;
5. Other circumstances approved by the Chinese Embassy and consulate in Canada;
6. Reissue for lost passport;
Children’s shoes are the most common is the first and last situation! Children’s shoes remember to look at the expiration time of their passports when they are free, because the longest period of validity for many visa applications generally does not exceed the expiration time of their passports. For example, many small partners who apply for large-scale renewal of their passports are going to expire soon, and then the ones that could have been renewed for several years are only renewed for a few months, which often happens
Self rescue regulations
1. Make every effort to find the lost passport and copy of study permit
The copy of passport and study permit can reduce a lot of unnecessary troubles in the later self-help process, and better cooperate with the staff to improve the efficiency of work.
if you can’t find the copy of study permit, you’d better find the client ID on the study permit.
2. Report to the nearest police station (RCMP)
Use Google and other mapping software to search RCMP to find the nearest office, provide Bcid or student ID to the staff, and truthfully explain the lost process of passport.
then the staff will give you a case number. The case number must be kept well, and it will be used when the student permit is supplemented and the passport is supplemented.
On the one hand, the purpose of reporting a case is to let the police help to check whether a good Samaritan has found a passport or how the police can contact you after a good Samaritan has found a passport. On the other hand, it is to prevent the illegal behavior of a bad person stealing a passport. If you have a lost Certificate in the police station, you don’t have to worry about it at all
3、Study Permit Replacement
Most people’s study permit is contained in their passports, so their passports and study permit are lost at the same time.
go to the website of migration Canada to download the form needed for supplementary application, and fill in the form as required (it’s better to attach the case number when reporting the case, the original passport and the copy of the original study permit.
Then send the above information to the migration Canada processing center in person or mail it to the migration Canada processing center in person.
it is recommended to send it in person, so as to reduce the time for replacement and prevent unnecessary trouble caused by the loss of letters during mailing
4. Prepare the materials needed for the replacement of passport while waiting for the replacement of study permit
The required materials include the following:
1. Application form: fill in 1 application form of passport / Travel Permit / certificate of return of the people’s Republic of China truthfully and completely
2. Photos: Recently, there are 2 photos of bareheaded certificate with white background and color half body certificate, and one CD-ROM is engraved. For specific requirements of
photos, please refer to the relevant webpage of application for China e-passport notice of our library.
3. Copies of passports (including the pages with photos, the pages with annotation or extension, and the pages related to visa);
4. Copy of study visa (or work visa or maple leaf card)
5. If the passport has expired, it is necessary to submit a description of the expired passport;
6. If you apply for a new passport due to the change of name, you need to submit the relevant supporting documents of using the new name in Canada, the copy of the domestic household register (born in China) and the written statement of the applicant’s application for change of name
5. Take all the information to the Chinese Embassy to go through the passport formalities
The specific address and office hours of the consulate children’s shoes can be searched directly on the Internet. Here is the address of Toronto and Vancouver.
Consulate of Toronto 240 St George st Toronto on m5r 2N5
Office hours of Consulate: 9:00-12:00, 13:30-17:00
External office hours of certificate group: 9:00-12:00
Certificate group hotline: 416-964-8861
(9:00-11:00 am from Monday to Friday is the time for manual consultation)
Vancouver consulate certificate group address: 200a-1595 West Broadway, Vancouver, B.C. v6j 1w6
Submit all kinds of applications: 9:00am-12:00pm from Monday to Friday
Payment for certificate: 9:00am-1:00pm from Monday to Friday
6. The fourth step for replacement or replacement of lost passport!! Handling fee and pick-up method!!
1. The applicant shall pay the fee and collect the certificate with the original certificate on the date indicated in the certificate, or after receiving the telephone notice, or after checking the passport on the Internet by himself / herself
2. The exchange charge of ordinary passport is $35.
accepts cash order, company check and debit card, but does not accept cash, credit card and personal check.
if it is handled in the embassy, the cheque should be made to Chinese embassy; if it is handled in the consulate general, it should be written to Chinese consistent general.
3. If the passport is not obtained one year later, the certificate will be cancelled and destroyed, which may affect the applicant’s next certificate application
Editor’s note: passport processing takes about two weeks. Children’s shoes should wait patiently! By the way, let’s pick up our passports to see if they have expired!
Canadian passport photo requirements
Supplementary application for Canadian study abroad passport
How to change Chinese passport in Canada