When choosing a country to study abroad, Australia usually comes into our sight.
compared with other countries with the same ranking, the admission threshold of Australian universities is relatively low; in addition, Australia’s inclusive cultural atmosphere and livable living environment make Australia a destination for many students to study abroad So how much does it cost for Australian graduate students to study abroad a year? Let’s have a look at it together.
I. preliminary expenses
1. Language examination fee: the IELTS examination fee is 1680 yuan.
2. Material notarization fee: when submitting the visa application, many materials need to be notarized, which requires notarization fee.
needs to be notarized in different situations, generally not more than 5 copies, and the total cost is about 1000 yuan
3. Visa application, physical examination and air ticket expenses: the application fee for Australian study visa was adjusted to a $535 from July 2012, and the work permit required was a $75. The medical examination was required in the process of
visa, and the cost of physical examination will be different according to the adults and children.
visa will be issued, and the price of ticket will vary greatly due to different airlines and low and peak seasons
4. Apply for Passport: students usually bring their household ID card to the local public security bureau, and go to the exit and Entry Administration Department of the Public Security Bureau for processing.
passport will be issued in 8-15 days. However, it is suggested that students who are going abroad should apply for it in advance The ordinary passport was reduced from 200 yuan per copy to 160 yuan per copy, and the replacement for private ordinary passport was also 160 yuan per copy
5. Visa fee: Australian study visa is now electronic visa.
whether institutions or individuals, are directly applying for Australian study visa online.
Australian study visa is now 500 categories, the visa fee is 550 Australian dollars.
from July 1, 2017, the Australian study visa fee will rise to 560 Australian dollars.
6. Air ticket cost: the round-trip ticket from Australia to any city in China, Air China Southern China Eastern Airlines, is generally less than 900 Australian dollars, equivalent to more than 4200 yuan.
if the round-trip ticket from China to Australia, the price will almost double, it is appropriate time nearly 7000 yuan, expensive time more than 10000
2. Tuition fees for Australian Graduate Students
The tuition fee for studying in Australia is about $20000 – $300000 per year. The living cost of studying in Australia is about $12000 a year
2. Living expenses of Australian Graduate Students
This part mainly depends on the level of personal consumption. If you buy a popular brand to meet the basic needs of life, it will cost about a $1500 a year. It will be more cost-effective to go shopping in the discount season of
As an immigrant country, Australia still has a complete range of restaurants and rich products. According to different regions, Australia’s monthly food cost is about 350-550 Australian dollars. If you cook by yourself, you can certainly save some. Specifically, a fast food meal is about 10-15 Australian dollars, a cup of coffee is 3.5-5 Australian dollars, and a hamburger is about 6 Australian dollars
Living is definitely a big part of the cost of living. Due to the limited school dormitories, and the cost is more expensive than renting out of school, students in Australia mainly consider two ways: self occupancy and joint rent.
the rent is about a $150-500 a week according to the room size, whether there is an independent bathroom and decoration facilities For the same accommodation conditions, the cost of Sydney Melbourne is about 30% higher than that of other cities.
rooms with independent toilets are generally 300-500 a week, while ordinary rooms are about 150-300 a week.
The daily transportation costs add up to about 1000-2000 Australian dollars per year.
Australian holidays are more. If you are a student who loves traveling, you will definitely spend more on transportation.
However, Australia has a vast territory and a small population. In order to make life convenient, some students will consider buying a car in Australia. You can buy a good second-hand car within 10 000 Australian dollars. However, the second-hand car market is relatively deep, so it is recommended to consider carefully
4. Advantages of studying in Australia
1. Australia is in the southern hemisphere, and most majors start school in February and July every year.
for students who failed in the postgraduate entrance examination, if they do not have IELTS scores, it is difficult to apply to the school which starts in July or September of that year. Therefore, students can consider entering the school in February of the next year, which will give them more time to prepare for IELTS examination
2. Flexible application mechanism
Some majors in Australia do not need bachelor’s degree background.
Australian Schools’ application processing cycle is 4-8 weeks, and most schools can apply for Australian master’s degree with 5 semesters’ academic results. In addition, the application for studying in Australia is zero language application (IELTS or TOEFL scores are not required when applying)
3. The public security is stable and the environment is suitable
Compared with other western countries, Australia is a safer place.
low crime rate and strict gun control laws can ensure that overseas students enjoy a safe learning and living environment.
Australia’s environment is suitable for human habitation, and Melbourne has been rated as the most livable city in the world for many years
Analysis of accommodation for studying in Australia
How to plan for Australian high school?
How to change major when studying in Australia?
Introduction of CPA course in Australia