To study in Canada, it is very important to apply for a passport. The editor of the website of studying abroad is here to talk about how to apply for a Canadian study abroad passport and what to do if the passport is lost accidentally
Passport information for studying in Canada
If the account book is inconsistent with the ID card item or the account is still being transferred, please go to the local police station where the account is located to handle the change or settlement procedures;
The resident ID card and household register issued by Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau shall be provided for those who move to Beijing to settle down in Beijing;
The original and copy of the certificate of temporary residence and the certificate of foreign residence issued by the public security organ of the place of temporary residence shall be provided for the resident abroad
1. Fill in the complete application form for Chinese citizens to go abroad for private purposes;
2. If he is under the age of 16, he shall be accompanied by his guardian, submit his guardian’s opinion on agreeing to leave the country, his guardian’s resident identity card or household register or passport and copies, and submit the certification materials that can prove his guardian’s identity;
3. state functionaries who are registered for the record shall submit the certificate of consent to leave the country issued by their work unit or superior competent unit after examination and approval according to the authority of personnel management;
4. The original and copy (A4 paper) of Beijing household register and resident identity card (temporary resident identity card shall be submitted during the period of collection, renewal and replacement);
5. one recent bareheaded color photo (two inch glossy paper, white or light blue background) of Canadian students;
6. The active servicemen, armed police and retired military personnel stationed in Beijing shall present the officer’s certificate and the examination approval and copies of overseas (Overseas) tasks issued by the political departments above the army level
7. The following materials shall be submitted for the passport application of the adopted children:
(1) the adoption registration form issued by the Civil Affairs Department of the people’s government at or above the provincial level, with the original copy verified and the photocopies collected;
(2) the original and copy of the household register of the adopted child;
(3) the adopter’s passport or other identity documents with the same effect and copies thereof;
(4) notarial certificate of abandoned baby, notarial certificate of adoption and notarial certificate of kinship
According to the evidence collection date on the certificate application receipt, students studying in Canada can get their passports after paying 200 yuan certificate fee with their household register or resident ID card and evidence collection receipt
What should I do if I lose my passport
First, passports are lost before they leave the country. The procedures for
are as follows:
First inform the Immigration Department of the loss of passports and visas, and then inform the school to postpone the start date;
Report the case to the local police station in the lost area and ask for the report certificate;
To publish a lost statement in a newspaper designated by the local entry exit administration office at or above the municipal level;
Take my ID card and household register, and take the above two certificates to go to the local entry and exit administration office to go through the formalities of passport replacement, with the prescribed period of three months; after obtaining the passport, contact with the embassy, submit the copy of the report certificate and the lost statement of newspaper to the head of the embassy, and go through the formalities of subsidy visa
Second, passports are lost abroad:
Step 1: find out the copies of passport and study permit (form the habit of backup scanning or copy)
The copies of passport and study permit can reduce a lot of unnecessary troubles in the process of follow-up, and better cooperate with the staff to improve the work efficiency.
if the copies of study permit cannot be found, it is better to find the client ID on the study permit.
Step 2: report to the nearest police station (RCMP)
Provide Bcid or student ID to the staff, and truthfully explain the lost process of passport.
then the staff will give you a case number, which must be kept well, and it will be used when the student permit is supplemented and the passport is supplemented.
On the one hand, the purpose of reporting a case is to let the police help to check whether a good Samaritan has found a passport or how the police can contact you after a good Samaritan has found a passport. On the other hand, it is to prevent the illegal behavior of a bad person stealing a passport. If you have a lost Certificate in the police station, you don’t have to worry about it at all
Step3： Study Permit Replacement
Most people’s study permit is contained in their passports, so the loss of passports means that the study permit is lost at the same time.
in this case, go to the website of immigrationcanada to download the form needed for supplement, and fill in the form as required (it is better to attach the case number, original passports and original study when reporting the case) A copy of permit), and then send the above information to the Immigration Canada processing center in person or mail it to the Immigration Canada processing center.
it is recommended to send it in person, so as to reduce the time of making up, and prevent unnecessary trouble caused by the loss of letters when mailing
Step 4: while waiting for the study permit, prepare the materials needed for passport replacement.
1. One copy of passport application form of the people’s Republic of China
2. Three two inch photos, one of which is posted on the application form
Photo size 21 to 24 mm head width, 28 to 33 mm head length
Applicants with white or light blue background and white hair are required to submit photos with blue background
3. Copies of original passports and other documents that can prove the identity of Chinese citizens (such as copies of domestic household register or ID card)
4. Submit the original of the permit for residence in Canada, such as maple leaf card, study or work permit, and provide a copy (both sides of the maple leaf card should be copied), the copy must be separately copied on the complete paper, and cannot be cut. For those who have immigrated to Canada for more than three years and cannot provide Maple Leaf card, they must provide proof of citizenship
5. A written explanation shall be submitted for passport loss. written explanation shall include a concise statement of personal information, the reason for passport loss, the time of first entry into Canada, and the case number at the time of reporting
6. A letter of admission notice, a certificate of being read and a report card
Step 5: after receiving the StudyPermit from Immigration Canada, take all the information to the Chinese Embassy to go through the passport formalities.
, you must go to the queue early to get the number.
Working hours of Embassy passport handling: 9:00-13:00 from Monday to Friday
Pick up time is “to be informed” (generally 2 months)
Supplementary handling fee: 150 Canadian dollars (handling fee of 140 Canadian dollars, contact fee of 10 Canadian dollars for domestic identity verification)
The third is to return to China after leaving the country and lose your passport
You can apply for a new passport with your ID card abroad (i.e. ID card, residence card, registered student card, employment certificate).
Is it difficult to renew Canadian study abroad passport
How to apply for the visa for studying abroad in Canada for the first time
Canada passport extension guide how to deal with passport loss during study abroad