With the development of science and technology, Canada’s passport has begun to be updated. Do you know the current e-passport? What is the specific process of handling Canada’s e-passport? A brief introduction to the website of studying abroad
Notice for passport application of Canadian International Students in 2018:
Canada has launched a new version of its e-passport since July 1, which uses chip technology and watermark image and other highly anti-counterfeiting technologies. The new passport has five-year and 10-year terms, and the charges are also increased accordingly. The
“Passport Canada” is also under the jurisdiction of the Immigration Department on the same day. Jason, immigration minister of
Kenney) stressed that the new passport provides convenience for Chinese people, makes tourism safer and more secure, creates more employment opportunities and promotes the long-term development of the country
According to the Canadian passport Bureau, the watermark image of the new passport is complex, and it is more difficult to be imitated by lawbreakers. The charge for the new e-passport of
is higher than before. The charge for the 5-year effective passport of
is increased from 87 yuan to 120 yuan, up nearly 40%, and the charge for the 10-year effective passport is 160 yuan. The charge for the child passport of
(5-year effective) is 57 yuan, 20 yuan higher than before
If a national applies abroad, he / she needs to pay 190 yuan for a 5-year passport, 97 yuan for the original price, 260 yuan for a 10-year passport
The application qualification of the new passport is the same as that of the old one.
What materials do you need to prepare when your Canadian study abroad passport expires
1. Fill in the application form for passport / Travel Permit / seaman’s certificate / certificate of return of the people’s Republic of China in advance
2. Three passport photos (photo requirements)
3. The original of the current passport and the copy of the page with my photo (the original will be invalid and returned after the new photo is completed, and the copy will be kept by the embassy)
4. Add the original and copy of valid visa or residence certificate (the original shall be returned after checking by the staff, and the copy shall be kept by the embassy)
5. Fill in the form of checking the passport (identity) of the applicant by the Embassy in Canada in advance (only if the original passport is damaged and illegible)
6. Copy of passport extension page (only if the passport has been extended)
7. Photocopy of the passport annotation page (only for the passport with name annotation)
8. Photos of the transition period when the appearance changes (only when the appearance changes greatly)
9. The original certificate of continuous residence in Canada for less than three years or the original certificate of non naturalization issued by the home office of Canada (only in case of obtaining permanent residency in Canada).
the above two kinds of certificates shall be used within two months from the date of signing the document, and the certificate shall be reissued if overdue
The above 5-9 items are optional and necessary materials according to your own situation.
is called normal renewal because the original passport is valid for less than 12 months or the visa page is less than 2 and 4 or the appearance changes greatly.
usually needs 20 working days. The cost of
is 30 pounds.
is not urgent
usually takes 35 working days.
costs 65 pounds.
is not urgent.
can also be found on the website of the Chinese Embassy in Canada
Canadian passport photo requirements
Supplementary application for Canadian study abroad passport
How can I help myself if I lose my Canadian passport